We would like to bring your attention to some proposals being discussed by the European Commission regarding changes to the Combined Nomenclature (CN) for 2014.
These proposals, which will be discussed at the next meeting of the EU Commission’s Tariff and Statistical Nomenclature Section of the Customs Code Committee on 25/26 March are as follows:
- Chapter 96 - Code 9619 00 – possible simplification if the structure of heading 9619
- Possible simplification of CN codes 3102 50 10 and 3105 90 10 (Natural sodium nitrate)
- Proposal to introduce new codes for motorcycle parts
- Possible creation of new CN codes for ‘bio-based’ products (lubricants, succinic acid and 1,4 butandiol)
- Possible simplification of the nomenclature under 2701 00 (electrodes)
- Possible creation of new CN codes for alufoil products under 7612 and 7615