Find out about the details you can access about traders, how to search for details, which data is not available and how to get help with this service.
What you can access
You can find data about UK importer and exporter businesses who trade with non-EU countries.
You can access:
- the trader's registered name and address
- whether they were an importer, exporter or both
- when they traded in specific goods with non-EU countries
- a description of the goods
Our data is updated monthly using information from customs declarations.
How to search for trader details
You can find importers and exporters by searching for a trader's name, a commodity code or product description.
Search by trader name
The search results will show all businesses matching the name you entered who traded in the current year.
Use the filter options to the left of the search results to:
- view importers or exporters only
- change the trading year
- find businesses who traded in specific commodities
- refine results by county and postcode
Search by commodity code or product description
To find businesses who trade in specific commodities, follow these steps.
- Follow this link to view all traders. Alternatively, from the homepage or find UK traders page, do a blank search (do not enter anything into the search bar before you search).
- On the search results page, scroll down to the Commodities traded option to the left of the search results
- Enter a commodity code or product description (or part of a code or description) into the Commodities traded search bar
Use the other search filters to update or refine the results.
Alternatively, you can follow these steps.
- From the Find commodity data page, do a blank search (do not enter anything into the search bar before you search).
- On the search results page, enter a commodity code or product description (or part of a code or description) into the Search for commodities search bar
- The search results page will now display any commodities matching the code or term you entered. Select a commodity to view more details
- On the commodity details page, select the link below Traders in this commodity to view traders for this commodity
Search by postcode
- Follow this link to view all traders.
- On the search results page, scroll down to the Trader name or postcode option to the left of the search results and enter your required postcode.
- Your results will then filter by the specified postcode.
Data that is not available
We are unable to provide details of:
- trading activity with EU businesses
- quantities or values of transactions
- traders' customers
- VAT or EORI (Economic Operators Registration and Identification) details of traders
- countries where the goods moved to or from
- traders who have asked us to remove details of their trading activity
While we aim to publish as much detailed trade data as possible within legal constraints, we have to withhold some data to protect sensitive national and business interests.
For more details about suppressed data, read our policy on suppressions (PDF: 162KB).
Help with this service
If you need help with this service, email email@example.com.
How to apply to remove your details from future updates
We are required to publish the information in this service by law.
If you want us to remove your business's details from future updates to this service, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with your registered business name and VAT number.
We cannot remove your details from information that is already in the public domain.