To provide better services to businesses we will be publishing a limited amount of information regarding exporters of goods from the UK to non-EU countries on www.uktradeinfo.com from 8 April 2016.
We will publish the following information of individual exporters and the goods they export:
- exporter’s name and address
- commodity code
- description of the commodity code
- month and year of export
This mirrors the importer information that we have been publishing since the 1980s.
The release of this exporter information will:
- provide greater visibility of UK exporters to new customers in the global market place
- assist developers to create exporter registers and online shop fronts to advertise and showcase UK exporters and their products
- enable those who provide export services to more easily identify their customers
- help overseas importers to locate alternative UK suppliers
We will not publish:
- national strategic and sensitive information, such as armaments exporters and their products
- commercially sensitive information, for example where there are few exporters of a given product where actual levels of trade could be identified or deduced
Details of markets, customers and market share are never made available.
If you want your exporter information excluded, for whatever reason and at any time, contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing your business name and VAT number.
This opt-out facility will also apply to the importer information we already publish, from 8 April. Please contact us as above to exclude your importer details.
Please note: a request to exclude your business from the exporter and importer information sent to us by the day 18 of the month will mean removal from the information published the following month. For example, if you send in your request by 18 March we will make sure your information is not published in April.
However this cannot apply retrospectively so we will not be able to remove information on importers or, in future, exporter information already published.
Further information will be made available from www.uktradeinfo.com or by contacting email@example.com.
Revenue & Customs Brief 08/2016