Regional Trade Statistics
Second Quarter 2019
Date: 05 September 2019
Coverage: United Kingdom
The graph below shows the total value of the UK’s import and export trade in goods for the annual period ending June 2019.
UK Imports and Exports by Region, year to June 2019
In the year to June 2019, the value of UK trade in goods exports increased by 3.3 per cent and imports increased by 3.9 per cent.
- All four UK countries saw an increase in exports during the year.
- There was an increase in annual export value for all English regions except the North East, the North West and the West Midlands.
- The largest export partner by value was the USA for England, Germany for Wales, the Netherlands for Scotland, and the Irish Republic for Northern Ireland.
- The partner countries with the largest value increase were the USA for England and Northern Ireland, the Irish Republic for Wales and China for Scotland.
- The value of UK imports increased for all UK countries.
- There was an increase in annual import value for the all English regions except the East.
- The largest import partner by value was Germany for England, United States for Wales, Norway for Scotland, and the Irish Republic for Northern Ireland.
- The partner countries with the largest value increase were China for England, Algeria for Wales, the Netherlands for Scotland, and the Irish Republic for Northern Ireland.
You can find details of how users interested in import and export markets for specific goods make use of the detailed OTS data in ‘The User Story
’. You can also access the detailed data in our interactive database.
|UK Regional Trade Statistics Commentary||Quarter2||2019||05 Sep 2019||View Release|
|UK Regional Trade Statistics Release||Quarter2||2019||05 Sep 2019||View Release|
Note: If accessing the release spreadsheet in Google Chrome, please download as an Excel spreadsheet.
Date of Next Release: 05 December 2019
© Crown copyright 2010.
If using specific facts contained in this release please check the information is still current.