Regional Trade Statistics
Third Quarter 2018
Date: 06 December 2018
Coverage: United Kingdom
The graph below shows the total value of the UK’s import and export trade in goods for the annual period ending September 2018.
UK Imports and Exports by Region, year to September 2018
In the year to September 2018, the value of UK trade in goods exports increased by 4.0 per cent and imports increased by 2.5 per cent.
- All four UK countries except Northern Ireland saw an increase in exports during the year.
- There was an increase in annual export value for all English regions except the North West and the East.
- The largest export partner by value was USA for England, Germany for Wales, the Netherlands for Scotland, and the Irish Republic for Northern Ireland.
- The partner countries with the largest value increase were Netherlands for England and Scotland and Irish Republic for Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The value of UK imports increased for all UK countries.
- There was an increase in annual import value for the all English regions except the East and the South West.
- The largest import partner by value was Germany for England, the United States for Wales, Norway for Scotland, and the Irish Republic for Northern Ireland.
- The partner countries with the largest value increase were the Netherlands for England, the USA for Wales, Singapore for Scotland, and the Irish Republic for Northern Ireland.
You can find details of how users interested in import and export markets for specific goods make use of the detailed OTS data in ‘The User Story
’. You can also access the detailed data in our interactive database.
|UK Regional Trade Statistics Commentary||Quarter3||2018||06 Dec 2018||View Release|
|UK Regional Trade Statistics Release||Quarter3||2018||06 Dec 2018||View Release|
Date of Next Release: 07 March 2019
© Crown copyright 2010.
If using specific facts contained in this release please check the information is still current.