Regional Trade Statistics
First Quarter 2020
Date: 11 June 2020
Coverage: United Kingdom
The graph below shows the total value of the UK’s import and export trade in goods for the annual period ending March 2020.
UK Imports and Exports by Region, year to March 2020
In the year to March 2020, the value of UK trade in goods exports decreased by 2.2% and imports decreased by 6.1%.
- All four UK countries saw a decrease in exports during the year.
- There was a decrease in annual export value for all English regions except the East Midlands and London.
- The largest export partner by value was the USA for England, France for Wales, the Netherlands for Scotland, and the Irish Republic for Northern Ireland.
- The partner countries with the largest value increase were the USA for England, the Netherlands for Wales, China for Scotland, and Canada for Northern Ireland.
- All four UK countries saw a decrease in imports during the year.
- There was a decrease in annual import value for all English regions except London.
- The largest import partner by value was Germany for England, the USA for Wales and Scotland, and the Irish Republic for Northern Ireland.
- The partner countries with the largest value increase were Qatar for England, Norway for Wales, Poland for Scotland, and Belgium for Northern Ireland.
You can find details of how users interested in import and export markets for specific goods make use of the detailed OTS data in ‘The User Story
’. You can also access the detailed data in our interactive database.
|UK Regional Trade Statistics Release||Quarter1||2020||11 Jun 2020||View Release|
|UK Regional Trade Statistics Commentary||Quarter1||2020||11 Jun 2020||View Release|
Note: If accessing the release spreadsheet in Google Chrome, please download as an Excel spreadsheet.
Date of Next Release: 17 September 2020
© Crown copyright 2010.
If using specific facts contained in this release please check the information is still current.