Regional Trade Statistics Latest Release
Second Quarter 2017
Date: 12 October 2017
Coverage: United Kingdom
The graph below shows the total value of the UK’s import and export trade in goods for the annual period ending June 2017.
UK Imports and Exports by Region, year to June 2017
In the year to June 2017, the value of UK trade in goods exports increased by 15 per cent and imports increased by 14 per cent.
- All four UK countries saw an increase in exports during the year.
- There was an increase in annual export value for all English regions.
- The largest export partner by value was the United States for England, Germany for Wales, Netherlands for Scotland, and the Irish Republic for Northern Ireland.
- The partner countries with the largest value increase were France for England and Wales, China for Scotland, and Irish Republic for Northern Ireland.
- The value of UK imports increased for all UK countries.
- There was an increase in annual import value for the all English regions.
- The largest import partner by value was Germany for England, the United States for Wales, Norway for Scotland, and the Irish Republic for Northern Ireland.
- The partner countries with the largest value increase were the Netherlands for England and Northern Ireland, and Norway for Wales and Scotland.
You can find details of how users interested in import and export markets for specific goods make use of the detailed OTS data in ‘The User Story
’. You can also access the detailed data in our interactive database.
|UK Regional Trade Statistics Release||Quarter2||2017||12 Oct 2017||View Release|
|UK Regional Trade Statistics Commentary||Quarter2||2017||12 Oct 2017||View Release|
Date of Next Release: 07 December 2017
© Crown copyright 2010.
If using specific facts contained in this release please check the information is still current.