Regional Trade Statistics Latest Release
First Quarter 2017
Date: 09 June 2017
Coverage: United Kingdom
The graph below shows the total value of the UK’s import and export trade in goods for the annual period ending March 2017.
UK Imports and Exports by Region, year to March 2017
In the year to March 2017, the value of UK trade in goods exports increased by 11 per cent and imports increased by 13 per cent.
- All four UK countries saw an increase in exports during the year.
- There was an increase in annual export value for all English regions.
- The largest export partner by value for England and Scotland was USA. Germany was the largest export partner for Wales and the Irish Republic was the largest export partner for Northern Ireland.
- The partner countries with the largest increase were USA for England, France for Wales, China for Scotland and Irish Republic for Northern Ireland.
- The value of UK imports increased for all UK countries.
- There was an increase in annual import value for the all English regions.
- The largest import partner by value was Germany for England and Wales, Norway for Scotland and for Northern Ireland it was Irish Republic.
- The partner countries with the largest increase were Germany for England, Norway for Wales and Scotland and Netherlands for Northern Ireland.
You can find details of how users interested in import and export markets for specific goods make use of the detailed OTS data in ‘The User Story
’. You can also access the detailed data in our interactive database.
|UK Regional Trade Statistics Commentary||Quarter1||2017||09 Jun 2017||View Release|
|UK Regional Trade Statistics Release||Quarter1||2017||09 Jun 2017||View Release|
Date of Next Release: 12 October 2017
© Crown copyright 2010.
If using specific facts contained in this release please check the information is still current.