The CN changes on an annual basis (as from 1st January) and the European Commission tries to keep changes to the minimum.
We would like to bring your attention to some proposed future changes to the structure of the Combined Nomenclature (CN).
These proposals, which are being discussed by the EU Commission’s Tariff and Statistical Nomenclature Section of the Customs Code Committee, are as follows:
- Possible amendments to heading 7602 (aluminium waste and scrap)
- Possible creation of new CN codes for aluminium can stock (subheading 7606 12)
- Possible modernisation of brandy (subheading 2208 20)
- Subheading 2710 12 – possible deletion of supplementary units
- Possible deletion of code for live fresh or chilled jellyfish (0308 30 10)
- Possible creation of new code for pike-perch (subheading 0304 89)
If you require further information or have any comments on any of these proposals please contact Mark Gammon