We would like to bring your attention to some proposed changes to the structure of the Combined Nomenclature (CN) for 2017.
These proposals, which are being discussed by the EU Commission’s Tariff and Statistical Nomenclature Section of the Customs Code Committee, are as follows:
- Harmonised System (HS) / CN changes to Chapter 22 (wine)
- HS/CN changes to Chapter 44 (wood)
- HS/CN changes to Chapter 85 (monitors, MCOs)
- HS/CN changes to Chapter 87 (motor vehicles)
- HS/CN changes to Chapter 96 (tripods)
- Heading 7318 - new heading for ‘blind rivet nuts’
- Possible changes to Heading 1006 (rice)
Further information will be shortly be published on the CN pages of uktradeinfo, but in the meantime if you require further information on any of these proposals please contact Mark Gammon.
Changes to the HS, which usually occur in five year cycles and due for 2017, usually result in a greater number of changes at CN level than most other years, we hope to have a draft version of the 2017 CN available in the next few weeks which we will publish to assist you in preparing for next year’s changes (the official publication of CN 2017 is 31 October 2016).